Friday, October 9, 2009

Moving AGAIN!

We have been preparing to move AGAIN! Hopefully, this will be the last time for a while. It is only two doors down, but is still such a pain to do! The new apartment, belonged to our Brother in law that passed away last year.

As I have been cleaning out his apartment, I have been having some very serious life changing thoughts. We all have so much "STUFF" we think we can't do without. But in the last 10 years I have had to help clean out Ray's parent's house, my parent's house, my grandmother's house and my great uncle that lived with her, his "stuff" too.

As I look around all my "STUFF" I can't help but think of all of them. All the things they held on to for so many years that they considered special or keepsakes, for the most part were gotten rid of. Their whole lives after a few memories were salvaged were whittled down to a few garbage cans.

That got me to thinking, I don't want my kids and grandkids to start going through all my things and saying "what is this and why do you think she kept it all these years" just for them to throw it out one day. So I have decided to downsize yet again!

Someone very special said to me just yesterday, if you have not seen or used it in a year, take a picture of it, mark on it why it was special, then get rid of it. So that is what I am going to do. Thanks D, I appreciate the words of wisdom.

We all live our lives, we collect things, we get rid of some, we keep some, we give some away. The conclusion I have come to is this: We are only here for a short time. We are supposed to do the best we can with what God gives us. We are supposed to leave His Love and His compassion with those we encounter. Everything else is just FLUFF (or STUFF). So nothing matters but how we live our lives, whose lives we touch with our own and that when our time does come, we can meet God with open arms and no regrets or apologies.

It has been that simple all along, and it took me almost 57 years to figure it out. But I am there. So wish me luck with this move because it is supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. So hopefully we will be able to move the furniture in between the Louisiana Showers that us "G.R.I.T.S." are so used to! Love, hugs and kisses to all of you.

No comments: